The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Flextight X5 compatibility with Aperture

Hi folks,
this is my first post here. Great forum, like it a lot!
So here´s my problem:
I´m heading forward to have a bunch of 6x6 slides scanned with a Hasselblad X5. If the results are pleasing (and I hope so :) ), I will have my slides scanned on a regular base, at the least the ones I consider worth it.
The lab does also offer an FFF option and I assume this is the way to go if you want to get the best out of your slides...
Is it possible to process the FFF-files from the Flextight in Aperture 2.0?
I have also seen that Hasselblad has it´s own software (Flexcolor), but I prefer the workflow of Aperture. Are there any advantages that the Hasselblad-software would give me or is Aperture just fine (if it can process the files)?

Greetings, Benjamin

emmawest72

Hi,

I don't think the FFF are compatible with Aperture but you can alsways ask Hasselblad.
You can also download the flexcolor soft from the Hasselblad website so you can work the FFF files and then convert to TIFF or maybe DNG to import into Aperture.

I'm sure those X5 scans must look gorgeous.

Good luck.

charlesphoto

I scan with an Imacon. One has to "develop" FFF files in Flexcolor and output as a tif though I believe PS may open FFF files. Honestly I never use FFF and just scan my images in 16 bit tif. But then again I can rescan anything in my files at a moment's notice if need be.

You may want to set a limit on the FFF file size as they can be real big (300mb plus). The lab may do that anyway as full size FFF scans can take a long time.

Thanks so far. Fortunately I found a site which had some 5000x7000 FFF samples available for download.
I were able to open and process them in Aperture without any problem, but they really pushed my poor MacBook Pro to the limit :-D