The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Diffusion plugin for PS

Rawfa

I never use diffusion filters, but sometimes I'd like to be able to diffuse hard light in challenging contrast situations. When I was working with video I had a software called Magic Bullet that allowed you (among other things) to control the exact amount of diffusion, the exact place, if you wanted the lights or the shadows to be diffused. You had such an extensive set of options that at the end it allowed you to achieve VERY pleasant results that didn't look like the classic bad diffused look. I've done a bunch of tests with layers, masks, gaussian blur, but I've never managed to get the results I wanted. What is a good plugin for it?

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Rafa, have you tried the various options contained in CEP3 from Nik? There's a couple of diffusion sub-filters in there, and the ultra flexible control of their U-points allows for the selective placement (and perharps more) you seem to be looking after. Might worth a try, if not yet.

W

wbrandsma

Raphael, since you know Red Giant and Magic Bullet you might want to have a look at Magic Bullet Looks which can also be run as a standalone app. It does have some restrictions in file typs and maximum resolution, but I thought that 4k jpegs can be processed in Magic Bullet Looks.

Rawfa

Wouter, I've installed the Magic Bullet Looks trial, which is the only product that runs as a standalone app, but it only runs the MB Looks Builder, which doesn't allow you to change settings or save the image (it only allows you to save new looks). Have you successfully tried this your self?