Site Sponsors

Thread: which camera will be the best for image processing

danmartin

which camera will be the best for image processing

Hi,
    which camera will be the best for image processing?Any idea about this.Please have your suggestions.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: which camera will be the best for image processing

Think you have to define your question a little better. You have asked the equivalent of "whats the best guitar for recording?" or "whats the best food for cooking?"

image processing is a function of software that is done after you take a photo. Given almost any decent camera and a correctly exposed picture the need for further processing is minimal.

If you are going to do major image processing the starting point is having a camera that shoots in RAW.

Beyond that think we need more info from you about what camera you have now and what you are trying to achieve.

K

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Way too broad a question without adding more input from you. What’s the purpose; landscape, product (food, jewelry), portrait, wedding, etc. As much as we’d like there’s simply no one fit’s all category. I think the better question might be what software is better however that’s subjective.

Sorry, can’t answer your question without more details.

Cheers

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danmartin View Post
    Hi,
    which camera will be the best for image processing?Any idea about this.Please have your suggestions.
    Thanks.
    Any camera with a good sensor, accurate meter and shutter, that records raw image files, and on which you fit a quality lens will be the best for image processing.

s.nimse6

Hi,
    which camera will be the best for image processing?
    I want to get image of conveyor, which is in little dark place. i want to see crack or any defect on that rubber sheet. Any idea about this.Please have your suggestions.

thanks

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by s.nimse6 View Post
    Hi,
    which camera will be the best for image processing?
    I want to get image of conveyor, which is in little dark place. i want to see crack or any defect on that rubber sheet. Any idea about this.Please have your suggestions.

thanks
    You'll want a camera with extremely high resolution, good long exposure capability, and an extremely sharp (and evenly sharp) lens.

We have a lot of experience with this sort of application. Please email me at [email protected] and I'll be glad to help point you in the right direction.

The camera that comes to mind immediately is a Phase One IQ260 with a tech camera and a Rodenstock or Schneider lens.
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183