Site Sponsors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Aperture 3 is here

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Aperture 3 is here

Kit

when you send a file to an external editor like PS Aperture generates a TIFF or a PSD file from the RAW plus any adjustments you have done in Aperture up to that point. The file is stored in the same location as the original raw file. Of course this generates a bigger file so if you do a lot of this you need to watch out for disk space.

Using PSD as opposed to TIFF means that layer information is retained, though you cant access this in Aperture.

As far as asset management goes , aperture treats this file just like any other image, so you can search for it, keyword it, apply further non destructive adjustments and of course export it in whichever format you require.

hope this helps

K

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Jono,

I grew up in New York City. I will always be honest and direct about my opinions.

There are many excellent photographers I know and whose work I enjoy who hack stuff all the time, all they want. There's nothing wrong with that. They're hobbyists, enthusiasts, and nothing they're going to say about it is going to change my mind. Some even make a substantial income from their photography. Good on 'em!

It's not what I do or consider professional. I'll say what I think of such things. If this offends your sensibilities for some reason, I would suggest you consider the reasons why that is rather than be offended.

Being offended and calling other people rude because you don't like their opinion and honesty is just puffery to me. "Much ado over nothing", as I said before.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    Jono,

I grew up in New York City. I will always be honest and direct about my opinions.

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I know what an idiotic animated icon which seems to represent "aggressively beating a sleeping bovine about the genitalia" is supposed to imply. Perhaps it's humorous to someone.