Site Sponsors

Thread: Using Lightroom on 2 computers

Post Thanks / Like

Using Lightroom on 2 computers

Typical problem...I have Lightroom loaded on my MacBook Pro 15 but would also like to use it on our PowerPC G5. My problem is simple ...I can not get the Adobe program loader to accept the serial number. It indicates that its a valid serial number but doesn t give an option to register the number? It is stopping it before it connects to the Adobe website....I can ony assume that it must load a cookie when the item is originally downloaded. Anybody else have this problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Using Lightroom on 2 computers

Wish I could help. I loaded lightroom on my desktop (Dell) a week ago. I just finished loading it on my laptop (Thinkpad), 20 minutes ago. It worked fine. It installed just like the other one did.

I do know that I had to accept a number of alerts from my software firewall to make sure that Adobe could talk to this computer. You should have been able to click "Next" after you entered your serial number. Best of luck to you, and sorry I can't be of further assistence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

LR is licensed for two computers, so you should have no problems. Good luck if you have to call customer service. My advice is to call around 1-3 PM PST.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar issue, with CS3. Adobe said I could have it on two computers, but I could only have one activated at a time. So, if I want to use it on the one that isn't activated, I have to call them and they will deactivate it on one and activate it on the other. Seems sort of sad to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lightroom...I cant even get a serial number for it - because it was the free version I got for being an owner of the program they bought to improve their raw processing...clever little vegemites aren't they?

As for 'lightroom' what a master stroke - give people a raw processor that actually knows how to use a computer's file system - call it a DAM system ..and sell it as a new program ..LOL ya gotta laugh

Pity Aperture is so badly programmed it crawls along like a drunken turtle..