The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom 3 Beta 2 is available

T

tokengirl

Downloaded it. Not too much different from the first LR3 beta, the luminance NR is enabled on this new version and it seems to do a nice job on high ISO files when used in moderation. I'll play with it some more later tonight and compare it to Nik Dfine.

It seems a little speedier?

Diane B

Ah, thanks Bob. I had issues with beta 3 not opening my print module (though everything else seemed fine). No matter what suggestions were given and tried from the Adobe LR forum it wouldn't function (error message). Now--I'll try this version and hope. I've been using LR since beta 1.0 without issues, no matter beta or final, so I really want to use 3.0 in conjunction with 2.5 until the final.

Off to try it.

Diane

Diane B

Well, same old problem. The print module has the same message
2:0 attempt to index field "value" (a nil value) I had uninstalled LR 3 beta, rebooted, copied some folders into new area to use for catalog (though LR 3.2 wanted to upgrade my old catalog and after letting it test the integrity of the catalog it upgraded it). Too bad. I'll try the develop tools, but if I can't print with it, even in beta, I won't use it much. I've posted the issue on the LR forum again.

SOLVED. I got a very quick answer from Julie Kmoch and it worked. She said she thought they had had some problems prior that involved print presets. She asked me to remove any print presets from my preferences and VOILA'--worked a charm. All is well now. Such an easy solution but no one suggested it for last beta. Now--I can use this alongside 2.6 until the final comes out.

Last edited:

MMPhoto

Morning All. This morning I downloaded 3.2 and install it, it was pretty fast to install and upgrade.

What notice the most was in the develop module it ask to upgrade the image to 2010, with the option of compare view. Nice little feature even do it really take a long to time to come on screen and when you move the image on screen it takes for ever to get the updated image.

Still the develop module is very slow, I am not sure if it is my machine or the program. Never the least it looks like the sharping and noise are better.

Will play more with it, Michel

donbga

I was extremely impressed with the high ISO NR and sharpening on files from my 50D. Very impressed. I need to compare it to C1P 5. If I get the time and can remember I'll upload samples of my result.

Diane B

It may be your machine as mine is as fast or faster than my 2.6 which goes nicely. I do remember though that the beta for 2.0 was slow until the final version--and because this is beta it does act differently on different machines/setups at this point.

Morning All. This morning I downloaded 3.2 and install it, it was pretty fast to install and upgrade.

What notice the most was in the develop module it ask to upgrade the image to 2010, with the option of compare view. Nice little feature even do it really take a long to time to come on screen and when you move the image on screen it takes for ever to get the updated image.

Still the develop module is very slow, I am not sure if it is my machine or the program. Never the least it looks like the sharping and noise are better.

Will play more with it, Michel

MMPhoto

It as been a few days That I have been using the new beta LR. From what I can see when you bring a image in raw format from Lr 2.6 in the Lr 3.2 it is fine. You keep all your keywords and setting.

When you bring the image in the Develop modular, it give a the option to change the process from (2003) to (2010) with a compare before and after. Under that mode it is slow as soon as you go to regular view the speeds is pretty good.

I think the slow speed is due to the fact that you have the same image with the old setting and the new setting. Beside that the sharpen, noise and the contrast are much nicer. Even with older nef files from my d 200, with mine d 700 they are even much better.

Not sure about older dng files do still have to look at those some more.

Michel