The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The morals/ehics of photoshop etc, and how can we all be saved from damnation?

N

nei1

"you dont need eyes to see,you need vision" lyric, Faithless.We could all quote other people all day,better to hear from real people whos opinions Ive begun to enjoy.

helenhill

Nei1
With RE: to quoting QUOTES
I would have SAID it
if it hadn't been said first :)
and does it really matter where it comes from
IT MAKES THE POINT (if ya know what I mean);)

all the Best, H

LJL

One maybe has to or should wonder if all/some of these interesting quotes, many taken out of context, are no different than the "four edges around some facts".... They have all been a part of some reality past, not unlike a captured image. Use them as a record, or use them as some (linguistically) artistic statement. What is the difference?

"Taking a pause for the cause...."

LJ

N

nei1

"Next to the originator of a good sentence is the first quoter of it. I hate quotations. Tell me what you know. " Emerson
The drinks are on me Maggie!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
"Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships."

Ansel Adams
~~~

And for Maggie:
"I just started making Bloody Marys. I always thought they looked gross, then I tasted one. There's an art to it, from the Tabasco to the Worcestershire." (Tara Reid)

:),

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Guy's quote . I am not famous though just infamous. LOL

"It's not always about what the client will accept but about what you want to deliver to your client."

jlm

Workshop Member
from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, just before Paul Newman kicked him in the b...s:
"there aren't any rules in a knife fight", substitute art for kf.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I feel I have to add:

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." -- Homer Simpson

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Honi soit qui mal y pense.
through a filter of representational technology and the fog of imperfect perception, the literality of visual media is best rated in a short scale of distorted to grossly distorted.
If one adds all our visual armamentaria including luminance, texture, color, and beyond we define a hyper ellipse in n-space that contains the potential confusion of image from reality. The volume (nth degree integral) of this space if sufficiently small will satisfy the reporter, it needs be a bit larger to satisfy the editor, but to satisfy the artist, it needs be big enough to contain his imagination or the universe whichever is larger.
-bob

Last edited: