The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NIK Software Silver Efex goes 64 bit!

kdphotography

FINALLY!

Nik Software has updated Silver Efex to 64 bit.... Still waiting on the other plugins to catch up. Viveza 2 was the first 64 bit plug-in. Go to the Nik software site and you can download the 64 bit update for free.

Bad news is that I had to re-enter my product code for each version of PS on my machine---contrary to what NIK claims on their site.

But at least it is a sign of good things!! ABOUT TIME NIK!!

:)

simonclivehughes

Oh man! I've been waiting for this... I'm tired of processing my NEX RAWs in CS% (for ACR) and then loading into CS4 to use Silver Efex.

Ciao,

kdphotography

I still have CS4/CS5 32 on my machine, because NIK still has not updated the entire plug-in suite.... so still not out of the woods yet! Luckily, I don't use the other plug-in often. It's still a pita to have to switch back and forth....

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the tip. Downloaded and installed! Did not ask for my serial number or code, just worked!

kdphotography

Glad I was able to get to the download early! The anticipated rush is probably why they didn't exactly announce it to anyone....

You can probably use the "Program Installer" from anyone that has already downloaded the update. It still checks for your serial number---or you'll have to input it to validate the plug-in past the trial version.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Taking about 2 hours to DL the 149MB Mac package right now LOLOL!

The NIK products are very nice, but the reality is Silver is the only one I ever used with any regularity. Course if you're a loosey-goosey LR style of localized adjustments type of person, then Viveza probably appeals.

UPDATE: Okay, it's installed -- and I did need to reenter my key. Anyway, it appears they added some new effects to the old list. Best news is it keeps all of your custom recipes in place :thumbs: