Site Sponsors

Thread: Aperture 3.1 Available . . . Oh Yes!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Aperture 3.1 Available . . . Oh Yes!

hi there
    Still no support for the Sony A33/55 I'm afraid, but beyond that, this 3.1 update seems like a really big deal - on first inspection it's obvious that it's SO much faster.
    FWIW it also has (at least some) of the fancy new slide show options from iLife 11

Definitely worth upgrading . . . but be aware, it does update your library, which isn't that quick!

all the best

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Aperture 3.1 Available . . . Oh Yes!

beware the flickr integration... I was just trying it out and it deleted a whole bunch of my pictures from flickr when I posted an image to an existing set

bummer

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Aperture 3.1 Available . . . Oh Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinparis View Post
    beware the flickr integration... I was just trying it out and it deleted a whole bunch of my pictures from flickr when I posted an image to an existing set

bummer
    Flickr? wot's flickr?
    Okay - thanks for that
    It seems to be a great deal faster and slicker - but the import from the ipad still sucks - as far as I can see it insists on creating a new root level project for each day AND each import (read card / camera wotever) (although it does put the pictures where you tell it). I just don't understand why - it means that you have to use the image capture application to move the images from the ipad - and then import into Aperture - either that or you have to shift the pictures project by project (the Crete trip happily created 80 new root level projects!) -

Tread with care I suppose . . . but it still seems much faster - my 75Gb 50,000 shot library converted in less than 1/2 hour too.

all the best

Just this guy you know