The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photomatix

D

DougDolde

I posted this shot on the Equal Time for Aptus thread. Just wanted to show the amazing difference between a single frame and one made with Photomatix HDR and tonemapping. If it isn't obvious the second one is the Photomatix version. It's a five exposure blend each one stop apart.

$99 buys this lovely piece of software. http://www.hdrsoft.com/

Now I gotta reprint this !

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
It almost looks as if the blending of the images is off in the upper right section of the sky. Plus, the tops of the rock formations in the foreground look way too dark. For those reasons, I prefer the first rendition too.

D

DougDolde

In print the Photomatix version blows it away. No contest.

D

DougDolde

:ROTFL: You guys can pay me big bucks for a workshop sometime.

D

DougDolde

Third one's the charm. Making the HDR is optionless for the most part but the tone mapping has a lot of options.

Greg Lockrey

I like where you are going with this, but is it my monitor or what, your clouds look as though they are "double stamped" in the HDR images.

mtomalty

It's not your monitor,Greg.

It's a case of the cloud movement that happens between the 5 different individual
frames used to d create the HDR composite.

Mark