The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture-instruction books

cbserota

Kicking around selling my Canon 1DS111 system and buying a Phase or Hassy MF system..Checked Barnes and Noble bookstore for instruction books on Capture One. Not 1 book on their shelves---but at least 20 on Lightroom and PSCS5. Please advise--Thanks--Charley

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Jack and Guy can provide Capture One training if you ask them - that's what pays for the site!

Also, you might want to take a look at the training videos for C1 over at Luminous Landscape - it's a very reasonable price for the video suite. Alternatively, you can join Capture U (at Phase One) and they have some training videos too.

f8orbust

If you're new to C1 then the videos over at LL are definitely worth a watch - though they're a bit light weight in places (the B&W one for example, which is more of a discussion of the merits of B&W photography than an actual hands-on-how-to-do-the-conversion in C1).

Capture-U? I joined it a few months back...to be honest it's been a bit of a disappointment...maybe my expectations were wrong...very, very few videos...the documentation available seems more like the bullet pointed notes of a series of lessons...and the blog and news pages haven't changed in months.

Don't get me wrong - Capture U provides lots of information, but unless you print each web page you'll be reduced to reading it all online - which perhaps, given the online tests you're meant to take, is the point. Doesn't work for me though.

Hi Charley

To the best of my knowledge, there are no text books on C1. The Luminous Landscape video on C1 is probably your best bet at this time. The lack of adequate documentation for such a complex program is holding it back in the marketplace.

Paul