The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone done the latest upgrade to Leopard?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I've noticed some unsettling discussions about the latest upgrade to Leopard. Anyone made the upgrade? Any nastiness?

Thanks,
Tim

harmsr

Workshop Member
Tim,

I've made it three times on my machine. Long story about Aperture and Phocus in the MF forum.

I have not seen any problems from the 10.5.3 upgrade.

Best,

Ray

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
I downloaded the (420MB) 10.5.3 delta updater yesterday and, after backing up my boot drive and detaching my external FireWire and SATA drives, did the upgrade on a 2008 Mac Pro. A day later, no problems or nastiness at all.

According to the usual unreliable sources, however, a 10.5.4 update may be released some time this week. Apparently, 10.5.4 fixes (amongst other things) a problem with saving CS3 files to remote servers.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jonathan. I did the exact same thing myself this weekend. Everything seems fine so far. I have a bunch of holdover paranoia from Mac upgrades of long ago. But leopard does seem to be about as stable and trouble free as one could hope for. Still, when I have lots of client work in mid process I like to let others be the guinea pig.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Tim, the only problem I've had is the driver compatibility with my Canon ipf5000. I believe some early Epsons had some issues too. I upgraded to a ipf6100 and the problems went away. I understand that the printer manufactures are catching up and new drivers are available or work arounds posted on other wiki's and forums.