The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEW Capture One 6.0 Release

N

nino loss

I think it depends... ;-)

at least for me on Win7x64 with an ATI HD5770, I reverted back to 5 until things will get fixed. To many little things, sticking here, freezing there, abnormal behavior while doing this...

I basically feel like I paid for a beta testing party

regards
nino

robsteve

Subscriber
Thanks Guy.

That was the section I was looking at. The LCC section was disabled in my other versions of C1 Pro. You may not have noticed this since you shoot Phase files. Even the LCC help section on the Phase site, which was updated Feb 23, still makes a note that the LCC files are specific to the back serial number. No mention that it worked with other raw files.

This morning I realized I still had my old laptop with C1 Pro on it, so I tried the 6.1 demo on it and it does work with DMR files. I missed that feature when I tried 6.0 in December. I really only use C1 Pro for the image quality of the conversions and do the rest in Photoshop, so in December, I didn't see any difference in image quality. I hadn't bothered to upgrade before the demo expired. I am in the process of upgrading this morning.

Was this just introduced in 6.1? I don't think I saw it in 6.0.

Robert

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
. . . makes a note that the LCC files are specific to the back serial number.
Rob,

The LCC works with M8 files.

I am not sure exactly how it is implemented but the files seem to be associated with specific cameras/backs, as you have discovered. The LCC files I have saved for the Phase back do not show up with M8 or DMR files - the M8 LCC files do not show up with the Phase or DMR, etc. So, if you are using more than one camera and have LCCs saved for each one, only the LCCs specific to each camera show up in the list when you go to apply one of them.

robsteve

Subscriber
Thanks everybody.

I just upgraded and it works great with the DMR and 28mm shift files. I now need to do a bit of work and build a library of 28mm LCC files for various shifts.

I suppose in the end though, it may be easier, to just shoot a LCC file just prior to taking the image, the LCC file is specific to that shift and perhaps rotation of the lens.

Robert

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yea best practice Robert would be shoot them in the field but certainly you can do a library for some generic shifts or just the lens itself straight as it may have some vignetting and such at the wider apertures. Try some with the M8also should fix a lot of problems