Site Sponsors

Thread: Need help with pano stitch

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Need help with pano stitch

a vertical panorama...I am not sure why I cannot get the top piece of the 3 panel stitch to be aligned and stitched on CS4.

Any help and ideas would be appreciated. The file, reduced sized...just 800x600 3 layer psd file is here.

http://pete.langezone.com/pics/hambu..._prv-small.psd (4MB file)

I use auto-align and auto-blend in CS4, but I get the top panel, with the moon behind the two aligned bottom panels.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with pano stitch

Hi Peter, I'll confess that I haven't opened your image however want to offer this - you can also manually move an image if it doesn't line up correctly. At least I can do that in CS5 and I think remembering being able to do that in CS4. I'm on my laptop currently and on battery but I'll look at you image just as soon as I can when I a plug in.

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I suspect it's the stitching engine -- I never had good success with CS4 on vertical assemblies. CS5's pano blending has significantly improved over CS4 and would possibly handle it. Also, Autopano is excellent too and you can download a demo version.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I tried moving the individual images around in order to get the moon on top and failed. I think what you might want to do besides what Jack offered is turning off the auto-align and try again. CS5 really does a much better job at this than CS4 did and I've frankly never run into this problem and I do a lot of stitching.

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes, strange. Sometimes Photoshop's merger is a bit stupid. But you can help it to find the right way...

After just trying to merge the 3 images in "auto" mode (in CS5) and seeing the super silly outcome (attachment #1) I've extended the background of the upper image ... so that Photoshop "knows" that there is content (although it's just white) ... see attachment #2.
    Tried to merge them again and it worked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks all for suggestions and help. Thomas...I tried your method...it worked..thanks.