The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Macbook Pro doesn't recognize high speed CF card. Is it a joke???

haring

I have a brand new Macbook pro. Three weeks old. I have tried to download my photos from my Extreme Pro 90MB/s Sandisk card but the computer doesn't recognize the USB reader. If I change the card and I put a cheap CF card the coputer reads it without any problem. I have tried with both 8GB and 16GB CF cards. My pc and my older mac reads the high speed CF card but not the latest MacBook Pro.
I am wedding photographer and I use professional grade high speed CF cards. I think it is a bog joke if the Macbook "PRO" wouldn't read professional grade Cf cards.

I have tried everything. The macbook pro only likes the cheap cf cards. I guess the macbook is not rally a "PRO"!

I bought the coputer for destination weddings to back up and view photos after the wedding day but so far it is totally useless for me!!!

What's going on HELP!

Terry

Are you using the same card reader when testing on the other computers? Some older readers are compatible with newer speedy cards.

bradhusick

My Sandisk firewire 800 CF reader reads 90MB/S cards on my 2010 Macbook Pro just fine. I think it's your reader.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
The issue is the card reader, not the computer. Cheap ones won't be compliant with the latest and greatest cards.

Suggest the Sandisk Extreme (as per recommendation above) or otherwise sticking with Sandisk or Lexar's pro series of card readers.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

haring

The issue is the card reader, not the computer. Cheap ones won't be compliant with the latest and greatest cards.

Suggest the Sandisk Extreme (as per recommendation above) or otherwise sticking with Sandisk or Lexar's pro series of card readers.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off
Thanks Doug!
My PC desktop happily reads my card in every type of USB card reader. I am just a bit disappointed about the MacBook "PRO"...