Thread: xrite - new profiler software

Post Thanks / Like

xrite - new profiler software

for all how own a xrite hardware:

http://www.xrite.com/product_overvie...upport&ID=1397

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: xrite - new profiler software

Interesting that it seems to work just fine so for for basic monitor profiling without any upgrade codes.
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to hear people's opinions and experiences with this. I'm currently using Coloreyes Display Pro with a DTP94.

Post Thanks / Like

For anyone considering upgrading or even buying i1Profiler, there are numerous threads on sites like Luminous-Landscape detailing the completely unacceptably draconian End User Licensing Agreement (EULA) that come with this product that is not even readable until you install. The language, in its current form, believe it or not, even supersedes (if this is even legal) your previous license agreements from either Monaco or Gretag, meaning that simply by installing the software and thereby agreeing to the new terms, you severely hamstring the legal uses of your previous software packages. It's language that is so counter to developing any goodwill with the consuming public that a lot of people, myself included, will not upgrade until the language is made more palatable. X-Rite is apparently "aware" of the problem, but the real problem is that they allowed the language in at all, either expecting that no one would read it or not caring that it would piss people off.