The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Aperture 2.1 launch issue when running Phocus 1.0

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Info on Aperture and Hassy files

If you encounter problems with Aperture 2.1 while running Phocus 1.0, the information provided in this mailing is relevant to you :

The issue:
When Phocus 1.0 is launched it will check whether the necessary ICC profiles are present and if not they will be installed. Unfortunately due to an OS bug related to 64 bit applications this leads to a partly corrupted ColorSync profile cache which will prevent Aperture 2.1 from launching.

The solution:
In most cases the issue can be fixed by following these steps:

1) Phocus installs 3 profiles:

Hasselblad RGB.icc
Hasselblad 330Skel 30K75.icc
Hasselblad 350Skel 30K90.icc

For users with administrator rights they will be located in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles - otherwise you can find them in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles.

Drag these 3 profiles to another location - for instance the desktop.

2) Aperture should now be able to launch without problems - verify that and quit Aperture.

3) Drag the 3 Hasselblad profiles back into the Profiles folder

4) Launch Aperture again - this should still be possible without any issues

After completing these steps you can now run Phocus without triggering the issue again.

Apple is working on fixing the OS bug, but it is still present in 10.5.4. For the upcoming Phocus 1.0.1 release we have been able to implement a workaround so that it will not trigger the issue during profile installation.

Best regards,

Hasselblad USA
Technical Support

woodyspedden

Guy

I am still having problems so I was really happy when I got this news from Hasselblad. So I followed the instructions and voila, Aperture still won't open! So either I have a system problem or the powers at be still don't understand the real issues.

However, if you install a new user on your Mac and go there to use Aperture, everything works even though Phocus is still installed.

I suspect I have some Plist issues or something like that which is still hanging up Aperture. So I am going to uninstall both Phocus and Aperture and anything I can find associated with them. Then I will reinstall and try again. If that doesn't work I will give up and just go to my new user location and make it work there.

Woody

harmsr

Workshop Member
If you guys look at my problem thread on this and on some of the other forums, you will see that this only works for a portion of the people and not all.

Woody - I actually ended up doing the new user account myself which worked and still works.

Best,

Ray