The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best noise removal software?

Rawfa

I´ve read a bunch of stuff about this matter but nothing like hearing from the users them selves.
Which noise removal software obtains the best results? Speed is also a factor, but quality is the main thing.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Niks Dfine by a country mile.
Ditto.

Don't use them much on a regular basis, but a thorough software group test some months ago showed DFine to not only giving best results but being more flexible too.

Some MF users like proprietary SW like C1 etc...
When needed i still use Dfine even with MF files.

Last edited:

simonclivehughes

I use NR infrequently, in the past, I've used Noise Ninja, but now use Topaz Labs DeNoise which gives me a better overall result.

ReeRay

A year ago I was struggling big time with some 6400 iso images from my 5DMK11. Shot in a theatre, very low light and deep shadows. Noise was unacceptable to my stock library. C1, Photoshop, Neat Image all tried to no avail. Asked the forum for help. Jack Flesher pointed me to Dfine. Bingo; Images have now sold many times over.

archiM44

Although I own Dfine and my raw developer of choice is C One 6.2 Lightroom 3 is my preferred program for noise reduction when I have an M9 file which really needs it.