The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

what are my research areas for image processing project?

V

visuddha

For my final year project I'm doing a vehicle detail modification system. the system should be able to these following tasks. I'm using a size image of a vehicle taken from a fixed distance lets say from 5m. and different colors and rim images are stored I'm my application, that is is the basic idea.

1. detect the tire and the alloy rim of the vehicle
  2. detect and measure the rim size of the installed rim
  3. apply a new alloy rim to the vehicle ( embed or put the alloy rim on top of the original image haven't decided yet)
  4. change color of the vehicle body
  5. apply tint colors to the vehicle windows

so what would be my research areas for this project? what should i be aware of? can you guys please help me out?

i know i need to be using Photogrammetry techniques for the measurement of the wheels.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
For a software project? Basic DSP topics; convolution and correlation in particular. Machine vision. I'd also recommend basic understanding of the laplace transform and analysis in the s-domain. Not because it's essential to image processing and machine vision, but because most of what goes on with convolution and fourier transforms is a subset of it.