The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Horizontal Flip in Capture One

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Is this possible? Most every other imaging program allows one to flip horizontal but I can't see how it can be done in CI. I have to transfer the file to PS or LR.

Bill

Leo R

Is this possible? Most every other imaging program allows one to flip horizontal but I can't see how it can be done in CI. I have to transfer the file to PS or LR.

Bill
Hi Bill. I tried to reply a few days ago but since "cleaning up " some files in my computer I was unable to log in . Finally was able to log in today, so here is my answer a few days late.
Click on "Adjustments" at top of screen and then click on "Rotate Left" or "Rotate Right". Each click will rotate your image 90 degrees.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Cheers
Leo Reinhard

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

No, Leo, thanks but that's not what I want.

I need to turn the image so that a bird/car/train, whatever, appears to be moving from left to right even though the picture was taken when it was moving right to left.

I want to reverse the image, not rotate it, rather like putting a color transparency the wrong way up on a light table.

Bill

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I've never done it in C1, and not sure the tool is even there, but for sure it is in Photoshop: Flip Horizontal and Flip Vertical.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

You're right Jack - it's not in C1 and yes, I use PS. Just a nuisance when generally all the controls I need are in CI - at least until I print.
B