The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Latest release of cs5 messes up jpg files

SergeiR

Hi,

I thought the following should reach a wider audience.

http://ddisoftware.com/tech/qimage-...s-photoshop-cs5-(12-0-4)-jpeg-corruption-bug/

Adobe is editing comments in their forum http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/corrupt_jpg_from_12_0_4. It is likely that the Adobe jpeg bug may cause problems with other image editing software that tries to comply with existing jpeg standards.

Best wishes,

Ray

And its not detectable by anything but QImage (never heard if it till today), that cant parse headers and getting confused by extra chunks of memory information that getting written into file b/c Adobe didnt feel like re-initialize memory.

Plus i dont think they will delete thread. They tolerated it for 3 months, so i dont think there is any need for that kind of wording..

But its interesting problem.

raywest

I never said they deleted a thread - I said they edited comments. Chris Cox removed at least one of his messages. It is not a problem just for Qimage (That has been fixed anyway), but other software that uses jpg files produced by the latest version of cs5 can be affected too. It is really a concern with ownership of a problem. I believe they should fix the bug in their latest software, instead of trying to blame 'user error', or otherwise try and pass the buck. In the meantime, if folk are using some other editing or printing software on jpg images produced by the latest cs5, the results may not be what they expect, and they may find themselves spending some time in trying to resolve the problem. The previous version of cs5 did not have this bug.

Best wishes,

Ray