The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture 1 or Leaf Capture !!

kuau

Workshop Member
Since owning both programs, and using a Leaf Aptus II 7 AFI back,
I realize Capture 1 is a far superior piece of software in comparison to Leaf Capture, yet out of the box I am getting much better color from Leaf Capture then I am from Capture 1 and I find the very basic sharpening tool in Leaf Capture does a very nice job, without a lot of fuss.
I hope to get to the bottom of this on September 27th. I signed up for capture integration's Capture 1 online training for Landscape processing.
Doug Peterson, the master will be the trainer.

Steven

yaya

Steven, in C1 you can select the sam ICC input profile and develop curve as the ones in LC and this will get you a close initial look

In the sharpening and NR tools, try to reduce the threshold and the Luminance NR, again this will bring you closer to what you have in LC

You can then keep all these settings as user presets or as styles as Doug will show you during training. Enjoy!

kuau

Workshop Member
Yair,
I have tried all your suggestions and i can't even come close to what the output looks like out of LC in C1 i have the same profile selected in both and same tone curve.
The only thing I can think of is that in LC, it uses the camera profile off the leaf aptus back i.e. LF 2 Product then converts it to the selected work space?