The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PTLens released for Mac

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Not sure how many of you know about this product, but it is a very useful tool. Basically, it is a very nice GUI front engine to the powerful panotools correction program that also includes a data file of lens corrections, even zooms, and uses the exif data to apply the necessary corrections automatically. Also corrects vignetting and chromatic aberrations.

Anyway, IF you want perfect rectilinear corrections from most any contemporary lens, including fisheyes, then I encourage you to check it out. The download includes a standalone version, CS3 plug-in, LR plug-in and Aperture plug-in as well as some actions and data files. Mac or PC. Oh, and the cost is $15 -- :thumbs:: http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/index.html

Here is an "examples" page: http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/index.html

Cheers,

D

dlew308

I've used it for awhile with BibblePro (comes with it). It's worth the $15 as a LR or AP plug-in!

Ben Rubinstein

You missed out the best bit Jack, it can be used as an 'apply and forget' in photoshop batch actions. It's the first stage of any action I apply and that's usually a batch on hundreds of photos from weddings. Couldn't live without it.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Yuk, Intel based machines only for Mac. Can use it on the new power book but not the 20inch iMac PPC. Maybe I need a new iMac now if they would just offer the 24 inch one in a matte screen that could be calibrated or smaller tower Mac.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I had to chuckle a little at your post John. I can't tell you how many times I've had a simple (and usually inexpensive) "new option" push me squarely in the path of a very expensive purchase just so I could take advantage of it. In photography, like so many other endeavors, one (often small) thing leads to another. :thumbup: