The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Problems with DxO Optics Pro 6.6 Elite

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Anyone gotten DxO OP 6.6 Elite to work on a 2010 (6,2) MacBook Pro? I briefly tried the demo some time ago and it seemed to work fine, although I didn't use it much since the demo couldn't be used as a plugin with Lightroom.

But I just bought it and just can't get it to work properly. Most of the times it never even starts up, it just sits and beachballs at the splash screen and I have to force quit it. Sometimes it starts up but if I try to double click on an image (NEF in this case) it causes the computer to crash. As in kernel panic.

I tried a software update, resetting the PRAM and disabling automatic graphics switching. None of this made any difference.

This machine has Nvidia 330M with 512M, OS X 10.6.8, 8GB RAM.

I've submitted a customer service ticket, but it's pretty late on a Friday so I thought I'd solicit ideas...

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Appears to be a problem with the graphics system... Lion has a fix for it, but Snow Leopard requires bringing the computer in. I guess this is a good time to upgrade this computer to Lion, then. :)