Site Sponsors

Thread: Where are the profiles?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Where are the profiles?

The DNG profile editor has been with us for a while but I'm yet to see the big names release profiles for sale which will solve the canon facial tones. Heck, I've not heard of any profiles being released at all other than the Adobe ones which if anything made things worse.

Am I missing something or is it all quiet on that front? Personally I'd love my 5D colours to look like those out of the D700...
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Where are the profiles?

Just a suspicion, but maybe they are waiting to build them for the new body...
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Where are the profiles?

Nah, that doesn't make sense, there's a whole lineup that needs work on, who is it that makes the custom profiles for C1? I keep forgetting the name. I'd pay good money for profiles that gave me decent skin tones out of my 5D's, it would save me a significant amount of time at PP and with wedding shooting as you can imagine it's important to get the faces right and you are shooting under very varied and mixed lighting constantly.
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz