Site Sponsors

Thread: C1 Devil Eyes

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

C1 Devil Eyes

Hi,

Trying to make a go of C1 again. Couple of issues I'm having. One is devil eyes. For some reason even with the flatest processing, the veins in eyes are 'popping' in comparison to LR processing. Although the reds and oranges as well as tonality and contrast/shadow rendition are far superior throughout the rest of the image, they are making the veins in the eye too prominent. Any ideas?

Note, using linear curve not the film based one whose colour I loathe on my 5Dc.
    Last edited by Ben Rubinstein; 26th January 2012 at 12:48.
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: C1 Devil Eyes

Without posting sample images it's hard to comment...

It's sort of like "I've got a tune stuck in my head, can you help me figure out it's name? It goes duh duh de da do, doo da de". :-)

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Solved Doug, thanks. The profile for the 5D is awful. I've had a look through applying other profiles and it's making a big difference.

Problem with showing comparison images between two different raw converters is that it's so incredibly difficult or even impossible to equalise them. Glad I didn't have to try and prove my point that way. I'm sure you know Doug that unless you share the RAW files and the setting used, all of them, it's impossible to find out what is the culprit. In this case the profile.
    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rubinstein View Post
    Problem with showing comparison images between two different raw converters is that it's so incredibly difficult or even impossible to equalise them. Glad I didn't have to try and prove my point that way. I'm sure you know Doug that unless you share the RAW files and the setting used, all of them, it's impossible to find out what is the culprit. In this case the profile.
    Yep. EIP is great for those situations.