The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Installing ACR 6.6 update?

gurtch

I have preordered a Sony NEX 7, and tried downloading ACR 6.6, which supports this camera. I have had no luck installing it. It keeps telling me to close Photoshop CS5 to continue, however CS5 IS closed! Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Dave in NJ

carl-b

Have you got bridge set to start up when the PC does? If so, that will be running and will stop the update

Or have a look in the task manager, and see if it is showing up and kill it if it is :)

gurtch

Thanks.
I went to Task Manager, under Processes, Photoshop.exe was listed twice. After removing them, the installation went smoothly.
Thanks for the help.
Dave

carl-b

Glad you sorted it. Sometimes what i do is when Photoshop is open is click - Help - Updates. That way any updates are installed automatically, without having to download anything seperately :)