The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

how control camera fps?

S

samaneh

I am using a frame grabber inspecta-5 with 1GB memory, also a high speed camera "EoSens Extended Mode, 640X480 1869fps, 10X8 taps". I am new to coding for grabbers and also to controlling the camera. the Inspecta-5 grabber, gives me different options, like changing the requested number of frames from the camera to grabber and also from grabber to main memory. also I can use camera links to send signal to camera and have different exposure times. but Im not really sure what should I use to obtain 1000 frame per second rate, and how can I test it?

my idea is to set the following options in the camera profile:
Reqframe = 1000
GReqFrame=1000
which according to the software manual means : frame acquisition from camera to grabber and frame acquisitions from grabber to Main memory , respectively.
but does it mean that we are getting 1000 images per second???
please give me an idea, I am really stuck right now.
what would be the option for setting the fps to 1000 ? and also how can I test it,please add answer.