The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What's a good slide show software?

mwalker

Subscriber Member
I'm using LR slide show but I thought there is probably a third party specialized program out there...is there?? Thanks...

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
The two I know of are:
* SlideShowPro, available as either a Lightroom extension or a Flash component, together with a server-based system called SlideShow Director;
* SoundSlides, for slide shows that include audio.

I haven't used SoundSlides but I did install the SlideShowPro for Lightroom trial, only to uninstall it when I found I didn't like the included templates. However, it seems that SlideShowPro for Flash is highly customizable, particularly if you have the Adobe Flash authoring program.

I went back to using the basic LR slide show after deciding it was "good enough" for my purposes.

Ben Rubinstein

I like Proshow Gold, if you want to see some web slideshows produced with it see my website www.studio-beni.net, slideshows in the gallery section.

Username: gallery
password: g6

(sorry about the security, my clientele only allow permission for use of their photos if I promise that it won't be visable to just anyone.)

It's not the same as a LR slideshow, not sure if you're looking for this kind of thing or not,

mwalker

Subscriber Member
I like Proshow Gold, if you want to see some web slideshows produced with it see my website www.studio-beni.net, slideshows in the gallery section.

Username: gallery
password: g6

(sorry about the security, my clientele only allow permission for use of their photos if I promise that it won't be visable to just anyone.)

It's not the same as a LR slideshow, not sure if you're looking for this kind of thing or not,
Hi Ben, I tried to look, I used info above but it wouldn't let me in.