The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Backing Up

C

craigatkinson

Hello All,
at present I have time machine back up everything. Another HD backing up edits and the current year on my mac. I also upload to Picasa occasionally.

How do you all back-up? Mine are all in the same location so I'm looking for an off site option really, for long term storage. Any ideas?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I back up with Carbon Copy Cloner to one HD on site and another HD at a location that I visit every week. At the second location, the backup is automatically backed up to a HD no. 4. The disk drives are placed in pairs in Probox cabinets with two pairs in each, each connected to an old Mac Mini that is used as a combined disk and print server. The computer that I work from, an MBA, connects to it all by an Airport Extreme at each location. I use 1TB portable 2.5" drives to transport the data between locations.