The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need to tag, categorize and index 60 000 images - HELP !

Karlo

:shocked:

I landed a huge high budget job for tagging, categorizing and indexing of more than 60 000images that are jumbled up between eras, formats, cities, and digital formats :facesmack: .

The work is for a local museum which will be paying us 50% up front and 50% after delivery.

I never needed something to tag and categorize so many images of different formats, id like to convert all images into one image format and be able to tag,keyword and categorize as painlessly as possible...

Do you have some suggestions for the software to use, Mac or Windows ...

I went head first into this without really thinking about it enough :cry: please help

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
Still looking for first hand suggestions not internet lists... What do you guys use ?
Actually ACDSEE has gotten quite good. You can create categories, import keywords for adobe PS and bRIDGE AND EVEN THE STARS FROM C1.

Also, it has the best rendering of final image I have see and quite fast

regards
Victor

Karlo

Actually ACDSEE has gotten quite good. You can create categories, import keywords for adobe PS and bRIDGE AND EVEN THE STARS FROM C1.

Also, it has the best rendering of final image I have see and quite fast

regards
Victor
Ahh good old ACDSEE, haven't heard of it in a while now. Thanks !

Aperture, one stop, works really well, leave images where they are
Aperture always seemed interesting, i am used to working with lightroom so this should be not a huge problem to learn.

Thanks guys!
Still looking for suggestions, I'll be trying the software throughout next week so I'm happy to hear your ideas guys.

Thanks!

danielmoore

I recently set about a similar task with my own mess and tried Phase One's Media Pro
I specifically wanted to see if it could create a colection and manage tens of thousands of images, which it did, without crashing. Reopening the database and searching it was handled without issue. It's worth taking a look at.

Karlo

I recently set about a similar task with my own mess and tried Phase One's Media Pro
I specifically wanted to see if it could create a colection and manage tens of thousands of images, which it did, without crashing. Reopening the database and searching it was handled without issue. It's worth taking a look at.
The deployable catalog that is a standalone application that does not need licensing is what i think will make me go with the P1 Media Pro. Thanks a million ! :thumbs:

Last edited: