Site Sponsors

Thread: Cannot open Capture 1 V4.5

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Cannot open Capture 1 V4.5

Hello All

I have recently updated my C1 V3.7.7 to V4.5. Immediately upon program launch, I get a crash dialog box with the message "C1 has unexpectedly stopped working". I have filled out the error reporting sections within the dialog box (3 times now) and sent it to Phase 1, but no joy from them.

I run WIN XP SP3 with 2Gig RAM and am legally using this software. To eliminate the potential for interaction with old versions of C1, I went back and deleted all installed C1 versions and did a fresh reload of V4.5 with the same results. I can't get past the crash dialog box to even begin to investigate. Funny thing is, it worked for the first week while I was reading the manual.

Phase-1 hasn't been any help. I thought since many of you run C1 you may have already killed this snake.

Many Thanks
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Cannot open Capture 1 V4.5

Cannot help you with PC, sorry. It installed just fine on my MacPro and MacBookPro and it is working smoothly on the MacBookPro.

However an important note on the 8-core MacPro, and that is tethering doesn't work. Has something to do with the way C1 grabs available RAM on the big machine creates a firewire error. All of the normal processing functions work fine, this issue just affects tethering on teh MacPros with 8-cores. C1 is working on a permanent fix, but the temporary solution is to yank all but 2G RAM in you MacPro, then tethering works fine.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

Original poster here:

A new revision, Capture One V4.5.1, was announced shortly after my original post and, upon downloading it, fixed my problem. I attribute my issue to new program teething and subsequent bug fixes because I haven't altered my OS (Win XP SP3) in any manner. Anyhow, back to reading the manual.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Glad you have it working now Paul!
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."