The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase one file Browsers

barry685

On the windows platform. What software other than Bridge, Lightroom & C1 are capable of viewing Phase One files for editing purposes.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
On the windows platform. What software other than Bridge, Lightroom & C1 are capable of viewing Phase One files for editing purposes.
Adobe Camera Raw, Irrident Raw Developer and Raw Photo Processor are all capable of processing Phase One raws natively but make poor browsers for editing.

So yes, Bridge, Lightroom, and C1 3 or C1 4.

Any other editing software will only be able to view the very low res embeded preview file. Depending on what you're editing this is either useless or of some limited use. For those doing tons of keywording programs like iView can be useful, but again will only show the 450x600ish (or smaller for some back models) preview.

All that said, why not C1 4? Especially with either training (which we provide) or with enough time with your nose in the manual, this software is INCREDIBLE for editing of large volumes of images. I use it to edit through other peoples weddings (one of my side jobs) and going through thousands of images, applying/copying/spanning adjustments, ranking/selecting/editing, and comparing similar images is REALLY fast. Of course I'm using an 8 core mac which is built for speed (e.g. multiple isolated hard drives).

Doug Peterson, Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer | Personal Portfolio

barry685

Hi Doug,
I am not suggesting that any of the 3 browsers are not good. I Just wanted to know what other options there might be.

harmsr

Workshop Member
Lance,

They don't work together. I have Expression Media 2 loaded on my Mac and it only shows the tiny imbedded JPEG. None of the magnification or other features which access the main file work. This is with files from my P30+, and sample files that I still have from a P25 & P45+ that we used in Puerto Rico.

Ray

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Lance,
I agree with Ray,
Unless there is some special handshake I don't know about, it is just a marketing package. Expression just doesn't deal at all well with phase raw files.
-bob