Site Sponsors

Thread: Capture One 6.4.3 released

Post Thanks / Like

Capture One 6.4.3 released

Capture One 6.4.3 release notes:
    OS Support
    Added support for Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
    Camera Support
    Preliminary file support for Canon 1D X.
    Tethered support for Canon 1D X and 5D Mark III.
    Tethered support for Nikon D4, D800 and D800E.
    Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue with QuickLook support.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Capture One 6.4.3 released

Standard Fare applies: make sure to test it before using it in a critical situation.

If you aren't desperate for 5d3/D800 tethering then I'd give it a few weeks to see how this release is working for the early adopters.

And as always I recommend a clean install of Capture One, removing the Application Support and Preference files from the version you have installed currently. This isn't a required step, but it's the first troubleshooting step if you have any weird glitches/quirks after upgrading so I like to get it out of the way up front.
    Doug Peterson , Digital Transitions | Email
    Dealer for: Phase One, Mamiya Leaf, Arca-Swiss, Cambo, Eizo, Profoto
    Office: 877.367.8537. Cell: 740.707.2183

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougpeterson View Post
    Standard Fare applies: make sure to test it before using it in a critical situation.

If you aren't desperate for 5d3/D800 tethering then I'd give it a few weeks to see how this release is working for the early adopters.

And as always I recommend a clean install of Capture One, removing the Application Support and Preference files from the version you have installed currently. This isn't a required step, but it's the first troubleshooting step if you have any weird glitches/quirks after upgrading so I like to get it out of the way up front.
    How do you remove the Application Support and Preference files?
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougpeterson View Post

Doug
    I have usually only deleted the library and the 2 preference files, but have not removed the application support settings (too lazy to want to get all my preferences back)
    Is there any file in the application support that I should remove above all?
    By the way, is Media Pro now improved enough to start using?
    regards
    maurice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pics2 View Post
    How do you remove the Application Support and Preference files?
    Thanks!

Are you using a mac? if so go to user/library/application support/Capture One
    for application support..

and user/library/preferences/com.phaseone.captureone.plist for the preferences list..

Cant find library?run this in terminal "chflags nohidden /Users/[username]/Library/" and them relaunch finder...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RVB View Post

and user/library/preferences/com.phaseone.captureone.plist for the preferences list..

Cant find library?run this in terminal "chflags nohidden /Users/[username]/Library/" and them relaunch finder...
    Thanks!

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by RVB View Post

Or hold option when clicking "go" from the top dropdown in the finder.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by archiM44 View Post
    Doug
    I have usually only deleted the library and the 2 preference files, but have not removed the application support settings (too lazy to want to get all my preferences back)
    Is there any file in the application support that I should remove above all?
    By the way, is Media Pro now improved enough to start using?
    regards
    maurice
    If maintaining your settings/presets is very important to you then simply skip this step entirely.

IF you have a weird bug or glitch though this will be the first troubleshooting step.

Post Thanks / Like

There are three important things for me that I wouldn't like to be lost during the upgrade. It's the status (and actual editing), rating and history that are indicated beside every picture that was edited. Does this information stay untouched after removing Application support and preference files?