The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 6.4.3 released

Capture One 6.4.3 release notes:
OS Support
• Added support for Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
Camera Support
• Preliminary file support for Canon 1D X.
• Tethered support for Canon 1D X and 5D Mark III.
• Tethered support for Nikon D4, D800 and D800E.
Bug Fixes
• Fixed an issue with QuickLook support.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Standard Fare applies: make sure to test it before using it in a critical situation.

If you aren't desperate for 5d3/D800 tethering then I'd give it a few weeks to see how this release is working for the early adopters.

And as always I recommend a clean install of Capture One, removing the Application Support and Preference files from the version you have installed currently. This isn't a required step, but it's the first troubleshooting step if you have any weird glitches/quirks after upgrading so I like to get it out of the way up front.

Pics2

Standard Fare applies: make sure to test it before using it in a critical situation.

If you aren't desperate for 5d3/D800 tethering then I'd give it a few weeks to see how this release is working for the early adopters.

And as always I recommend a clean install of Capture One, removing the Application Support and Preference files from the version you have installed currently. This isn't a required step, but it's the first troubleshooting step if you have any weird glitches/quirks after upgrading so I like to get it out of the way up front.
How do you remove the Application Support and Preference files?
Thanks!

archiM44

Doug
I have usually only deleted the library and the 2 preference files, but have not removed the application support settings (too lazy to want to get all my preferences back)
Is there any file in the application support that I should remove above all?
By the way, is Media Pro now improved enough to start using?
regards
maurice

RVB

How do you remove the Application Support and Preference files?
Thanks!

Are you using a mac? if so go to user/library/application support/Capture One
for application support..

and user/library/preferences/com.phaseone.captureone.plist for the preferences list..

Cant find library?run this in terminal "chflags nohidden /Users/[username]/Library/" and them relaunch finder...

Pics2

and user/library/preferences/com.phaseone.captureone.plist for the preferences list..

Cant find library?run this in terminal "chflags nohidden /Users/[username]/Library/" and them relaunch finder...
Thanks!

dougpeterson

Workshop Member

Or hold option when clicking "go" from the top dropdown in the finder.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Doug
I have usually only deleted the library and the 2 preference files, but have not removed the application support settings (too lazy to want to get all my preferences back)
Is there any file in the application support that I should remove above all?
By the way, is Media Pro now improved enough to start using?
regards
maurice
If maintaining your settings/presets is very important to you then simply skip this step entirely.

IF you have a weird bug or glitch though this will be the first troubleshooting step.

Pics2

There are three important things for me that I wouldn't like to be lost during the upgrade. It's the status (and actual editing), rating and history that are indicated beside every picture that was edited. Does this information stay untouched after removing Application support and preference files?