The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CS3 won't read .dng

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Due to a software hickup (Adobe doesn't accept Creative Cloud members living in Thailand) I'm back to using PS CS3. Since I'm mostly using ancient cameras, that works fine except for the GH1. I thought I had solved the GH1 problem by converting the RAW files to .dng using the free DNG converter, but:

Photos where I've used a legacy lens work fine, but those taken with a native m4/3 lens won't be recognised by either Bridge or PS. Has anybody had a similar problem? Is there a workaround?

I'm obviously working on the Creative Cloud problem too, since that's the solution I have to go for long term, but at the moment, I have photos that I can't process :(

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Are you using DNG converter version 5.4 or newer? I think they are up to v6.3.
I'm using 7.1.0

Edit: Your question gave me an idea. Maybe there's an output version option, and there is :)
Under "Change Preferences", it's possible to change output version. Changed to ACR 4.1 (corresponds to PS CS3, why on earth can't they have the same version number on ACR as they have on CS?) and voilà! Thank you for your help :)

Last edited: