Site Sponsors

Thread: CS3 won't read .dng

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

CS3 won't read .dng

Due to a software hickup (Adobe doesn't accept Creative Cloud members living in Thailand) I'm back to using PS CS3. Since I'm mostly using ancient cameras, that works fine except for the GH1. I thought I had solved the GH1 problem by converting the RAW files to .dng using the free DNG converter, but:

Photos where I've used a legacy lens work fine, but those taken with a native m4/3 lens won't be recognised by either Bridge or PS. Has anybody had a similar problem? Is there a workaround?

I'm obviously working on the Creative Cloud problem too, since that's the solution I have to go for long term, but at the moment, I have photos that I can't process

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CS3 won't read .dng

Are you using DNG converter version 5.4 or newer? I think they are up to v6.3.

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Are you using DNG converter version 5.4 or newer? I think they are up to v6.3.
    I'm using 7.1.0

Edit: Your question gave me an idea. Maybe there's an output version option, and there is
    Under "Change Preferences", it's possible to change output version. Changed to ACR 4.1 (corresponds to PS CS3, why on earth can't they have the same version number on ACR as they have on CS?) and voilą! Thank you for your help
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 30th August 2012 at 17:41.

Post Thanks / Like

There's your problem!

Seriously, I wish I had a solution for you.