The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photo Ninjia - Raw Converter

Leo R

Freshly released it is worth a try, I did it and it is quite promising.
PictureCode home page: Photo Ninja
(no unconventional CFA support, BTW)
I have been trying Photo Ninjia for about 5 days and I am very impressed. I am using a 2 week temporary license and I am seriously thinking of purchasing it when the temporary license expires. The interface and terminology takes a little getting use to.
I also use Lightroom 4.2 which is also very good but but Noise Ninjia some times gives better results.

Too many choices :)

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I have been waiting for this since I saw Rob Galbraith s post on the D4 . If you read his post you can see he is at the leading of edge of reportage and sports where "not screwing up" is the number one criteria . The D4 is at the top of the game along with the Canon 1Dx .

The D4 is set up /calibrated to shoot optimally in the ISO800-6400 range . What looks exciting here is a marriage of the Noise Ninja expertise and the incorporating it into the raw conversion itself . I have little doubt that for sports shooting this will be a real winner .

I will be surprised however if it matches the lower ISO sweet spot used by most D800E users . If the goal is rich color and tonal separation aimed at printing large ...my bet is others will be better .

The question is how will it do with the less than FF sensor gear ..where ISO over 400 degrades due to the small pixel size and limited in camera processors . Adding an effective EV to APS-C could be a game changer for some photographers .

srtiwari

Freshly released it is worth a try, I did it and it is quite promising.
PictureCode home page: Photo Ninja
(no unconventional CFA support, BTW)
I too like it very much.
I had intended to buy DXO Optics Pro 7 which is also very good. You might want to download that for their 30 day trial as well.
I am glad you talked about Photo ninja. Now we have a choice.
I am trying to list their differences, Pros/Cons etc., so I can make up my mind.
Maybe we can compare notes...