The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 6.4.4 Tether Problems...Anyone Else?

shaunmlavery

Wasn't sure if it was just me or not but I am having issues with Caputre One attaching the camera under 6.4.4 and OSX 10.8.2.

I really feel it is 10.8.2 that caused some issues because that is when I noticed it. I am doing a work-a-round right now to get it going.

I have tried resetting caputure one and still no luck. Ugh!

For anyone else having the same issues, here is what I am doing to get it to "work" for me. This also works for un-supported cameras. This is taken from my post on the phase forum.

1. Go into the preferences of capture one and turn off supported camears. Canon, nikon, phase, etc. Whichever is giving you issues.

2. Restart C1

3. Open Image Capture>File>Take Picture

4. Setup Where to Import Your Files. I stick them in my capture folder of my session for ease of use. For laziness, on the desktop.

5. Back in C1, just make sure you have Hot Folder Enabled and you will be good to go.

Now, this isn't as good as true tethering but it is working for me right now. I have always used this for my M8/M9. It blows my mind that Apple supports all these cameras! Oh yeah, this still works on a 5D!

Number 1 is the biggest point. This will prevent Capture One from trying to attach your camera immediately and throwing error codes constantly which result in the beach ball, resulting in a thrown mouse/computer. :D

If anyone has a remedy, let us know. I am all ears. I would love to hear as I have to shoot some product stuff a little later today and this would be nice if it worked. If not, oh well I'll live.

shaunmlavery

Apparently this is a known issue. I didn't have the time to dig further as I was shooting something yesterday afternoon.

This isn't Capture One's issue per say but Canon's failure to update their SDK, atleast that's what Capture One is saying.

I'm going to see if I can just get 6.4.4 running and go from there. If not, maybe go through the pain of downgrading to 10.7.4 which I really don't want to do. Ugh!

shaunmlavery

Doug,

Thanks for the reply. I installed 6.4.2 and it is working out for me. It is much better than 6.4.4 for my situation. If only I would have found your/DT Blog sooner!

Here's to hoping Canon gets this sorted before the end of the month!