The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Announcement: Phase One Releases Capture One Pro 7

Anders_HK

I suspect you'll see a detail gain equvalent to 30% more pixels over 6, and will now have a very usable ISO 800 ;)
Jack,

3 stops is ALOT. Have you tried this out on your IQ180, and do you know if this equally applies to Leaf backs?

Thanks

Best regards,
Anders

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
On the D800E I have a very usable ISO 2500. Problem is I can't show it since they are client images. Looking for just a 100 percent crop to show but anyway there is a very good improvement over version 6. Its a lot cleaner than I have seen since I had this cam in any program at this ISO.

Guy Mancuso

Okay found one as i was checking my focus on my Sigma 150. No people

Full Image than a 3 various crops at 100 percent. My Luminance was 60 and color 70 and single pixel at 2. Im still playing with my settings as this is all new and i just have not had the time to work this as much as I want andI may run a real test later on. These really look like my 800 shots in C1 version 6. I cant directly compare now since I removed 6 over a week ago.

Full shot

Crop

Crop

Guy Mancuso

To me these are very clean at ISO 2500 and I actually shot most of the job at ISO 2500 as the light was just crap with fluorescent lighting which is UGLY.

Is it 3 stops better well have not gone there myself but certainly i would bet REAL money on 2 stops.

yatlee

Just install C17. One stupid question, How do you do (apply to be exact) LCC on this new version? There is still no batch process? Many thanks!

Guy Mancuso

It's there I'm not on computer right now but the LCC are implemented differently in version 7 and you can apply in batch. Ill let someone that has been using this feature to explain it better. But I have seen it in action and its a nice setup. Also look for the LCC tool under tools

Dan Bellyk

Since I have so much time while I am waiting for the download I was wondering if any other macbook pro users no that Apple is no longer making the 17" macbook pro?
I was surfing around the apple store and was curious as to the price of a new one and well they just are not there....Called Apple and they said they stopped making them!
That sucks.....Hope mine keeps going for a while even though it's been really slow lately

Dan

robsteve

Subscriber
I may regret posting this since I haven't finished downloading it yet, but try the EU/DE link. I am getting 460kb/sec for about a twelve minute download.

edit:

Download went quickly at a steady 460-470 kb/sec.

I started it up in catalog mode, how do I get back to sessions mode?

Last edited:

rupho

I see the implementation of LCC batch processing and applying a great time saver.
I was wondering what is the future of Media Pro now that C1 7 got catalogues and offline management?
I have not used Media Pro due t othe bad wrap it got. Is this an attempt to merge these programs?

Dan Bellyk

I'm up to 173 kb/sec....tires are smokin....LOL .....I'll get to try the new software tonight
YYYeeee
eeeee
eeeee
Hawww
wwww
wwwww!!!

I'm borred..Sorry

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I see the implementation of LCC batch processing and applying a great time saver.
I was wondering what is the future of Media Pro now that C1 7 got catalogues and offline management?
I have not used Media Pro due t othe bad wrap it got. Is this an attempt to merge these programs?
I think it's safe to say it is :)

Dan Bellyk

Well downloaded and running, I have been 99% using LR4 and wanted to give this a go again. My Mac is running slow as hell and not sure whats going on but anyway here is my first edited pic from Capture One Pro 7. Not sure if it's me but the shadow recovery is not as defined as LR4 and seems to effect the whole image more but the images have a nice "POP" to them....Have to keep playing

Brought file into photoshop and added tonal contrast and dropped opacity to 35% and then ran Nik Define....that's it

Kevin Sink

C1 v7: Structure

I agree with the comment about shadow detail, but the highlight recovery seems to work much like LR4, with much better limitations to just the highlight areas.
The "structure" slider has a very nice effect on detail of small objects without giving the halos or crunchy look of over sharpening. Very impressive. Does anyone know how this works? Probably a question for Doug Peterson, or the developers if they are listening.