The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Captue One 7 processing problem

David Kaufman

I recently started using C1 7 Pro. I like it very much but cannot process any files, either Phase One or Nikon. Using my normal recipe from C1 6 and choosing output folder I get the following error message: "Error setting source filepathway\Capture One\Cache\Proxies\filename.IIQ.cop_error"
I still have C1 6 installed in another folder (and obviously need it to get work done) and don't want to uninstall it if C1 7 does not output files. I am using Windows 7 on a nine month old powerful computer. Had no problems with C1 6 Pro. I have no presets or sytyles or sessions or catalogues used in either program. Simple operation directly with the file. I tried using the images in a separate folder containing only the single image which didn't help. Any and all advice appreciated. Thank you.
D. Kaufman

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I'm no expert but most of the problems I've had were because I did not COMPLETELY uninstall a previous version of C1. I follow Capture Integration's excellent method on their website.

Bill

David Kaufman

Thank you both for your good advice. I am sorry to report that Phase One support, which has worked diligently with me to try to find the problem, said there should be no conflict between the two versions. But, as you both suggested, a thorough uninstall of version 6 did the trick and I can process the files now. Thanks again.
David

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Great news David. Yes the problem is C1 files are in several places both in the user folder and the system library folder. I'm a little lazy to do the long way , why I use a program like clean your Mac since it will go find all of those files and delete them. There are several even free programs that work the same way. Even though Phase may say there maybe no conflict between versions it really just depends on your machine and what may stick behind. That's something they can't account for.

Classic sometimes your better at it than the guy behind the Genius Bar . Lol

David Kaufman

A postscript: While uninstalling Version 6 was effective, it proved ot be a temporary fix. The next day, the problem of no processing was back in v 7. I finally figured it out: It was the OpenCL settings. Even though I have a recent NVidia card with a newer driver than the one required, I could not start C1 7 without first disabling OpenCL with a script and then setting OpenCL to never for dispaly and auto for processing. Well, it turns out I couldn't export process at all with OpenCL, so I had to turn it off. Since then I can export without problems.
Now another odd problem has cropped up. In clear areas of images, such as skies, processed from my P40+, I'm getting strange artifacts that look like little round inverted dimples, perhaps 15 to 20 pixels in diameter, on occasion smeared, across the image. It's the sort of thing that would be very hard to spot in areas of texture or detail, but in clear sky they show up quite clearly. These are not dust spots or dirt on my sensor; these are processing anomalies. Anyone else see these?
Thak you.
David Kaufman

etrigan63

I tried uninstalling (using the CI instructions) and reinstalling to no avail. The only way I can output files is using the output button on the toolbar with the generic recipe. The output tab's process button does nothing. I am quite flummoxed. I have OpenCL turned off and I am very close to getting an AMD video card for my Mac Pro at this point.

etrigan63

OK, i solved my own mystery.

In order to enable the Process Tab, one must also enable the Batch Tab so that the Process button on the Process Tab has somewhere to send the jobs. All is working as expected now. I was even able to turn OpenCL back on for processing.

celina20

OK, i solved my own mystery.

In order to enable the Process Tab, one must also enable the Batch Tab so that the Process button on the Process Tab has somewhere to send the jobs. All is working as expected now. I was even able to turn OpenCL back on for processing.
Thanks a lot Carlos for your advice.

Luis