Site Sponsors

Thread: MacbookPro With Thunderbolt Monitor and CS6

Post Thanks / Like

MacbookPro With Thunderbolt Monitor and CS6

For the love of god how the hell to you get the dual display? With CaptureOne Pro and LR4 it's easy but damn if I can figure how to get it to work with my Macbook Pro With Retina display and the 27" thunderbolt and CS6 with dual display.
    For now I am mirroring displays in CS6.......help!!! I would like the photo the be tweaked on the Thunderbolt and the rest on the MacPro....Am I asking much?

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: MacbookPro With Thunderbolt Monitor and CS6

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Bellyk View Post
    For the love of god how the hell to you get the dual display? With CaptureOne Pro and LR4 it's easy but damn if I can figure how to get it to work with my Macbook Pro With Retina display and the 27" thunderbolt and CS6 with dual display.
    For now I am mirroring displays in CS6.......help!!! I would like the photo the be tweaked on the Thunderbolt and the rest on the MacPro....Am I asking much?

Dan
    Try:
    System Preferences/Displays
    Under the arrangement tab, turn off mirroring.
    arrange the displays to your taste.
    than create your c1 workspace the way you want it. You may want to start with one of the dual monitor built-in workspaces provided by Phase One (Capture one/window/workspace.

-bob

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Mine is laptop on left and 30 inch on right. 30 inch is the primary screen and laptop becomes tools, email. If you need a screen grab Dan let me know ill post one. But Bob is dead on there with instructions.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Capture One works but in CS6 with mirroring off if I try and drag the photo that I am working on over to the second monitor it vanishes or just does not show up.
    What I am doing now is working on the file in C1 and then when I want to process it in CS6 I open up display properties, mirror display and work from the Thunderbolt.
    Thunderbolt to left and laptop to right....Tried Googling but no luck

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping to go to New York and take the Masters Workshop on Capture One but after buying the Thunderbolt I think it will have to wait.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Bellyk View Post
    Capture One works but in CS6 with mirroring off if I try and drag the photo that I am working on over to the second monitor it vanishes or just does not show up.
    What I am doing now is working on the file in C1 and then when I want to process it in CS6 I open up display properties, mirror display and work from the Thunderbolt.
    Thunderbolt to left and laptop to right....Tried Googling but no luck
    CS6 you need the application frame to extend to the second monitor. It will not just let you put a photo in empty space per say you need to stretch the application across both monitors.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com