The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 7 Installation Problem

Mr.Gale

I am VERY new to C1 but after reading all the great things about it I wanted to give Ver.7 a try. I do have C1 Ver.6 DB installed on my PC (Win 7) which I have been trying to remove before installing Ver.7 but for some reason I can't. I go through the Window Uninstall proceedure and it seems to remove it but when I install Ver.7 and open it, it opens as C1 Ver.7 DB. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks,
Mr.Gale

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
There is only one installer for Capture One. You simply ACTIVATE it as either DB, Pro, or a trial.

Find the "license" option in the pulldown (I believe on Windows it's under Help) and select to run as Pro or a trial of Pro.

We cover basics like this in our Capture One webinars in case you would find that an easier way of working through the learning curve.