The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEC PA monitors

jagsiva

I currently run two Dell 3008s on a Mac Pro. Printing is on an HP Z3100PS and Epson 3880. Everything is profiled.

I have never got the monitors to a level I was happy with. Particularly, the brightness is never low enough with acceptable colour.

So been looking at Eizo and NEC and settled on the NEC as the best cost/performance solution.

Question is whether I go with one NEC PA301 or two NEC PA27s. Cost is about the same. I already have the i1 Pro profiler, so will get the non-SV version and by the Spectrometer II software separately.

I have grown used to the two monitor setup with the Dells. Wondering if there is any quality difference between the 30" and the 27". I have seen the 30" in person, but not the 27. Appreciate any help.

Cheers,

JonMo

I ditched the pa30 (two of them ) for a pair of pa27s and a LCD 2490.
I like the slight smaller resolution in the 27s and it will allow enough desk space for the 2490 I use for sRGB work. ( I found text on the pa30 hard to read. )
They are sv versions but I use an i1pro spectro to profile with.
Combined with an Epson 3880 to proof with printed on Gold Fiber Silk paper and viewed in my light controlled area using solix 3500 kelvin bulbs; about as bang on as a reflected viewing vs back light as I could hope for.

Hope that helps.

jagsiva

Two 27's made sense and the pricing from B&H this weekend made it a no brainer. So pushed the checkout button. Thanks again for the tips.

Flynnyfalcon

I use a PA271W. Awesome monitor! I've used top end Eizo's and find the NEC comparable in all facets except cost. Inbuilt features are great and love the ability to quickly flip between sRGB spaces to AdobeRGB.