The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phocus vs LR4

Bildifokus

My workflow today is LR4 and then Photoshop. But now I´m looking into medium format and Hasselblad. If I go for a Hasselblad, should I change to Phocus or is LR4 as good?

Bildifokus

I have now processed some images in LR4 and Phocus. Absolutely no hesitation in witch RAW converter does the best job with the Hasselblad files. Phocus is the one to use!

Sadly I miss some function from LR4 and Phocus is not stabile. My MacBook Pro has crashed three times when I´m using Phocus and before Phocus I´ve never experienced any crash with my MB Pro since I got it two years ago. Also my Mac wouldn't start the Phocus program since it was not approved of app store. I had to change security settings in computer to make it work.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Indeed. Best results are almost always had with the manufacturer's software, especially in medium format where an enormous amount of effort goes into making the sensors sing their best (as the market for the backs is very picky about image quality).

Have you played around with C1 (for Phase/Leaf - or Canon/Nikon) at all?

Bildifokus

Doug, I tried the C1 version 5 couple of years ago processing Nikon files. I thought it did a better job then Camera Raw, but the workflow was not for me. I have not looked at the new C1, does it work well with Hassy files?

Maybe it's time to find a new workflow? :)