The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 7.0.1 can't choose output folder

danielmoore

With v6 it is a simple matter to choose the output folder for processed images. With the current version of v7 all files are output to the Raw image folder no matter what I assign to be the output folder. Bug or feature? I'm using the default session and not a catalogue. In other words, simply opening C1 and working. W7 x64, internal drive, nothing special regarding setup.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I have an entire output panel in the OSX version and can output anywhere I desire? Maybe a Win bug?

lkuhlmann

In Capture One 7, the default workspace does not include the Output panel. Include this manually, or use the new "export variants" from the menu.

-Lionel

danielmoore

For whatever reason, I see the output panel. I can edit it's settings, they just won't accept customizing the desired output folder, all else works there.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I had this problem too (on a Mac).

It worked properly on my laptop but not my Mac Pro. I checked all the settings and they were identical on each machine - but it still wouldn't work.

I got frustrated and re-installed Capture One 7. Lo, it all worked and has ever since.

Hope this works for you, Daniel.

Bill

danielmoore

It did work fine on my workstation, just not the laptop. Both have two or more drives and none are RAID. Problem persists. C1 7.0.1 stopped tethering in the middle of a shoot with the client sitting there next to me, waiting on the next image to finally show. It'd be funny if it wasn't distressing. Everything was going fine, shooting along, and 30 seconds later, bupkis. Had to fill in with Camera Control Pro. I love the new rendering engine and am willing to eat a couple salt cookies while it gets tuned up.

The one thing I wish they'd really fix is the interface responsiveness. It acts like it was written in Java and needs to be more a C++ speed. Maybe they did just that for cross platform compatibility, I don't know. Now that would be a major rewrite.