The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Maxed out Mini good enough ?

Karlo

Hi,

I'm thinking about evacuating from the windows platform for time being, i just got tired of it and need to upgrade ?

I've invested in some good peripherals last year so I'd rather not go the iMac or Macbook route for now.

I was just curious to hear from you, especially when dealing with huge files, will a new MAXED out mac mini with a DIY 250SSD not Fusion drive be good enough for the next year or two, for photoshop, lightroom etc ?

I'd love to hear your thoughts, as it seems like quite a nice offering if one is not into serious gaming etc ( left that behind - for now :D )...

Tia!

..... will a new MAXED out mac mini with a DIY 250SSD not Fusion drive be good enough for the next year or two, for photoshop, lightroom etc ?.....
I certainly hope it is, ´cause that´s exactly what I bought before X-mas...:cool:

So far I´m completely happy with it; far faster than my aged 2007 MacPro.

Drives a 30" Apple Cinema Display (1600x2560) without a hitch, and handles the raw files from my Leica M9 with ease. Also small and silent (which was two things the MacPro wasn´t!).

Karlo

Great, that's what i need, a bit of silence and low profile operation for a change. Last few months my room and office sound like an airstrip due to gpu vents etc etc...

Seems to me that I'll have to make the plunge asap.