Site Sponsors

Thread: capture one licences

Post Thanks / Like

capture one licences

Hi all, new here and of course I have a question

I would like to start using capture one but I read on their site that licences are linked to a computer. This poses a problem because I have 3 Macs on which I would like to install it. Mind you, I am the only user and would never use two computers at the same time. Does anyone know if the company offers some kind of reduction in this case. I could not find any info on their site and contact apparently is only possible if you are already a user.

Thanks, cheers, Bob.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: capture one licences

Quote Originally Posted by picman View Post
    Hi all, new here and of course I have a question

I would like to start using capture one but I read on their site that licences are linked to a computer. This poses a problem because I have 3 Macs on which I would like to install it. Mind you, I am the only user and would never use two computers at the same time. Does anyone know if the company offers some kind of reduction in this case. I could not find any info on their site and contact apparently is only possible if you are already a user.

Thanks, cheers, Bob.
    If you are an owner of a Phase One digital back Capture One can be used without any limitations (or registration/license etc) to edit Phase One Raw files.

For dSLR users you need to purchase a Capture One Pro license ($400 retail). This will allow you to use the software on TWO computers. You can use your account on PhaseOne.com to remotely deactivate computers, or you can use a menu option within Capture One to deactivate a particular computer.

In theory you could go to one computer and deactivate and go to your third computer and "activate" an unlimited number of times. It will remember your key and so all you'd need to do is type your password. However, in practice I think just using it on two computers would be much less frustrating.

Welcome to the Phase One / Capture One family.

Doug Peterson, Head of Technical Services
    Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer | Personal Portfolio

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougpetersonci View Post
    If you are an owner of a Phase One digital back Capture One can be used without any limitations (or registration/license etc) to edit Phase One Raw files.

For dSLR users you need to purchase a Capture One Pro license ($400 retail). This will allow you to use the software on TWO computers. You can use your account on PhaseOne.com to remotely deactivate computers, or you can use a menu option within Capture One to deactivate a particular computer.

In theory you could go to one computer and deactivate and go to your third computer and "activate" an unlimited number of times. It will remember your key and so all you'd need to do is type your password. However, in practice I think just using it on two computers would be much less frustrating.

Welcome to the Phase One / Capture One family.

Doug Peterson, Head of Technical Services
    Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer | Personal Portfolio

Thank you for clarifying things! Best regards, Bob.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Bob BTW welcome to the forum
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com