The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nearly image processing

JohnH

A broader challenge.

Running Vista. I want to view images in Windows Explorer as 'real' image icons, rather than an icon representing the application defaulted to open that image.

For example, if I set Capture One as the default application, the icon displayed for each image is the Capture icon [after momentarily displaying the image content, each icon in the windows explorer panel reverts to the Capture One icon].

Of course this makes it very difficult to use visual clues when searching for an image file in Windows Explorer, or in any application that uses an explorer form. And each application, whether Bridge, NX2 or whatever, sets its default icon, if it is set as the default to use to open the image.

As I said, the topic is nearly image processing. :toocool:

Suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

John

JohnH

- I assume it is not impolite to answer your own posting?

Further research - Open Folder Options on Control Panel and on View tab - check 'Display file icon on Thumbnails.'

It works!

Cheers,

John