The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Issue with Photoshop CS5's type tool

I'm used to using the old Adobe Photoshop 5.0 version. When it comes to using the type tool (T) in that version, as soon as I select the tool, I'm given various options like font style, font style etc. However, just now Ive tried using the typing tool in CS5 and I can't seem to find any such options. Ive looked around the interface but I can't see anything that would allow me to control the font style, size etc. I'm guessing it's hidden away somewhere out of sight? I see some options when I right-click on the area where Ive just typed in the image but there's nothing to do with font choices.

I also made this same query on another forum and it was suggested that I go to Windows - Workspace - Essential but it's already set as that. There was also a mention of trying Reset Essential on the list but I can't see that on my copy of CS5.